Genital Herpes: The Basics In simple terms, genital herpes is an infection that any sexually active person can get. It is caused by two types of contagious viruses: herpes simplex type 1 (HSV1) and herpes simplex type 2 (HSV-2).
Genital herpes is typically transmitted through sexual contact (vaginal, anal or oral sex) with an infected partner.
Symptoms To Look Out For It is important to understand that the symptoms differ from one person to another person. These are the most common signs of genital herpes in men and women:
- Pimples and blisters around the genitals
- Severe swelling, redness, itching or tingling in the genital or anal area
- Smelly discharge
- Burning sensation or pain during intercourse or urine discharge
- Headaches or fever
- Swollen lymph nodes
In most cases, medications are provided to pregnant women with herpes in order to prevent it from affecting the baby.
Keep in mind, herpes is a complicated disease. There’s no way a doctor can tell you who gave you the infection.
That being said, you can prevent the risk of getting herpes with these tips:
- Having safe and protected sex can reduce the risk of contamination.
- If you or your partner has herpes, speak to a doctor for treatment. Also, maintain proper hygiene to prevent herpes from spreading to other parts of the body.
Do not let genital herpes shatter your confidence and happiness. Return to a happy, healthy, virus-free you with our treatment products. We offer a wide range of products, including supplements and habits to cure herpes.
Want to find out more information about our products? Get in touch now.